Himachal Pradesh University - HP University
Updated on: Apr 2, 2013
The Himachal Pradesh University was established on 22 July 1970. Earlier, the university was a part of Punjab University which served as a regional centre of the university.
The university has been ranked among top universities of the country. In addition to other departments, the university has the International Centre for Distance Education and Open Learning (ICDEOL) to provide quality education to those who are unable to attend regular classes.
It aims at providing opportunity, both through the formal and distance mode, for total quality education to everyone irrespective of gender, race, creed, caste, or class. It is engaged in equipping students with relevant and appropriate skills, attitudes and experiences for meeting the challenges of life.
- Commendable performance in sports and cultural activities at national level.
- Congenial environment for higher studies
- Substantial number of students qualify NET, GATE and other competitive examinations every year
- Linkages with national and international institutions
- The culture of holding seminars, workshops, conferences, symposia, etc.
- National level achievements in NCC, NSS, youth welfare programmes.
- Free education to girl students.
- One seat reserved in each department for single girl child.
- Accredited by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- UGC recognized Centre for Excellence in Himalayan Studies
- Pioneered NRI (Self Financing) Scheme
- First to start Distance Education in the country
- Intellectually and Professionally enriched faculty
- HPU Alumni Excelled in All Spheres
- Fair and creditable semester system of examinations
- Special assistance departments of History, Physics, Bio-Technology, Chemistry, Bio-Sciences
- Academic Staff College one of the best in India
For further information related to Himachal Pradesh University click on the links provided below:
What are the ways or eligibility to get admission into HP University?
- Comment #2
Do Himachal Pradesh University offers M.Sc in Botany through distance learning?
- Comment #1