Dr. Y.S. Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry
Published on: Apr 22, 2010
Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry was established on December 1, 1985. The University has been named after Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar, first Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
The university has been established with its headquarter at Nauni to cater to the needs of teaching, research and education in horticulture and forestry by an Act of Himachal Pradesh.
The University has eight departments at the college of Horticulture and six departments at the college of forestry. The university has four regional research substations.
- Advancement of basic and applied research pertaining to Horticulture, Forestry and other allied sciences.
- Provides education in Horticulture, Forestry and allied branches of learning and scholarship.
- Developing linkages with the State/Central/International Institutions, NGOs, Orchardists, Farmers and Industrialists for ensuring economic and ecological security in the State.
- Pursuit of other objectives that the University may determine from time to time.
- Extension and dissemination of Scientific information among rural masses of the state.
For further information related to Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry click on the links provided below: